The Handy Nutrition Answer Book
... recommended ... a useful resource ...Booklist
The Handy Nutrition Answer Book by Patricia Barnes-Svarney and Thomas E. Svarney will answer your “What should I eat?” conundrums.Bookworm Sez
Every conceivable question is answered with current information. … There is no preaching here just well written, understandable facts on the latest nutritional science and guidelines.Children's Literature
... both practical and informative ... RecommendedChristian Library Journal
Starred Review. ... The diet comparison appendix is the most fascinating extra resource ... This [is an] approachable and valuable resource for nutrition students, health care professionals, and laypeople interested in nutrition information ...Library Journal
... a great reference for both teacher and student as a part of any science classroom library. … The questions are relevant and the answers are short and to the point. If you have been looking for a helpful and handy nutrition reference, this book may be the answer for you!National Science Teachers Association Recommends
Readers will find information on a plethora of topics in this one-stop source for all things nutrition … a useful book ...School Library Journal
... a handy reference book when looking for specific information, or it can be read cover to cover as a comprehensive guide to nutrition. The question-and-answer format, with chapters divided into major categories, makes it easy to browse ...VOYA
Essential Vitamins and Minerals! Gluten Free! All Natural! Locally Grown! Fat Free!
Food aisle claims can be bewildering, even meaningless or misleading. Yet, your fitness, health, and well-being depend on food and proper nutrition. Knowing what is in the foods we eat, understanding the differences between good and bad fat, learning which foods are good sources of vitamins, keeping up on the latest scientific discoveries, or discerning the effectiveness of different diets can be challenging.
The Handy Nutrition Answer Book offers reliable information, the latest scientific discoveries, and the history of food and diet. It will help you understand the nutritional benefits—and pitfalls—of what you eat and how your body processes food, and it equips you with the tools you need to make good diet choices. Along with scrutinizing the pros and cons of some of the most popular diets on the market today, this useful guide explains the basics of healthy nutrition through its well-researched answers to nearly 900 common questions, such as:
• How are calories measured?
• Why is high fructose corn syrup so controversial?
• How do you interpret how much fat to eat based on the daily calories you consume?
• What’s the difference between gluten sensitivity, celiac disease, and wheat intolerance?
• Can beer help prevent carcinogens from forming in grilled foods?
• What is the best way to cook vegetables if you want to keep nutrients from being destroyed?
• What does the word “natural” really mean on a food label?
- ISBN: 9781578594849
- PDF ISBN: 9781578595525
- Kindle ISBN: 9781578595549
- ePUB ISBN: 9781578595532
- Published 2015
- 384 pages
- 140 photos and illustrations
- 7.125 x 9.25 paperback
- $21.95 ($27.50 Can.)
Related TitlesYou might also enjoy...
- The Handy Anatomy Answer Book
- The Handy Chemistry Answer Book
- The Handy Science Answer Book, Fourth Edition
- The Handy Anatomy Answer Book, Second Edition
- The Handy Biology Answer Book, Second Edition
- The Handy Dinosaur Answer Book, Second Edition
- The Handy Geology Answer Book
- The Handy Math Answer Book, Second Edition
- The Handy Ocean Answer Book